About the Department
The broadcast section deals with various tools that are used for communicating, transmitting & broadcasting content to the public. The broadcast section of EDM uses cutting edge technology with high end equipment thoughtfully planned production control room for non-fiction content creation. Student performs various roles in multi-camera productions.
Through group exercise in the field, student can immerse themselves in broadcast media techniques, such as multi camera production, online editing, writing, directing and producing creative content for producing.
—Assistant Broadcast Engineer
Soumitra Mitra is an alumnus of Burdwan University. He has worked in different NEWS TV Channels as a Deputy
Technical Head (FRONTIER TV. Assam) Base band Engineer (KOLKATA TV & NE BANGLA), IT Manager (KOLKATA TV).
During his long association with NEWS TV Channels, Soumitra has handled multiple responsibilities (Like Installation & Maintenance of Base band Equipment. RF Transmission, News Studio, PCR, MCR, Ingest, all types of SERVERS, OB Van and DSNG Van). He has handled Multi-Cam Setup for LIVE Football Match & for LIVE Musical Events through OB van as a Technical Engineer. He has also handled DSNG van as a RF Engineer. He has also worked in Leading TV Channels Integrator Company of India as a Project Engineer. He has successfully completed Installation work for KALINGA TV, Bhubaneswar / ICT Studio of NERIE, Shillong/ ICT Studio of RIE, Bhubaneswar as a Project Engineer. He has also worked in NCERT, Bhubaneswar (Ministry of HRD. Govt of India) as an Engineering Assistant.
The Dept. has two Production Control Room (PCR) and two studios.
1) PCR for News studio
2) PCR for Big Studio
3) NEWS STUDIO FLOOR of 34’X30′ with one real set and one chroma set
4) STUDIO FLOOR of 110’X70′
5) Professional Video Editing Suit equipped with Apple Mac Pro installed with Adobe Premier and Avid Media Composer.
6) Well equipped Central Apparatus Room.
The Broadcast department is equipped with:
1) Hitachi Broadcast camera with CCU facilities
2) Panasonic Camera with remote control panel
3) Soundcraft Audio Mixer device.
4) Class-x CG
5) Monarch Virtual Reality System
6) Ross Carbonite Video Switcher
7) DMX Dimming console for Studio Light
8) Blaze Automation System
9) Samvad Teleprompter
10)Quickage PCR Playout System (server-client) Configuration
11)Dell 48TB NAS centralized Storage System
12) Media Asset management System
13) Dell Video server
14) Data video Talk-Back system
15) Ingest System
16) Ross 16×16 Video Router
17) Sennhesier Microphone-
18) Professional studio LED lights
19) Editing Workstation
20) Data Video Replay System
21) Data Video Vision Mixer
22) Panasonic and AJA video Recorder